Mikael's face: Another picture for Instagram? ;)
Last week Sunday I was sad. (I wrote about it on Instagram). I had hoped for something that didn't happen. I was sitting in Matilda's room putting her to sleep and the tears just rolled down while the missionaries were playing giant jenga downstairs.
When Matilda was asleep, I put her down, dried my tears up, refreshed my make-up, put on my happy face and went downstairs to drive the sister missionaries home.
On my way home through the dark and rainy evening I turned on an old General Conference talk about hope. It came randomly, but oh how fitting it was. I had to focus really hard to not cry because I knew that my Heavenly Father was comforting me through this talk.
On Monday I made a decision to make a change and not be sad. To change "the thing that didn't happen" into an opportunity. I made a goal to improve in the next 4 weeks with these simple tasks:
- Say my prayer every morning and evening
- Read a chapter of the Book of Mormon with Matilda every morning
- Listening/reading a General Conference talk every day
- Being the best wife I could be
- No computer in the evenings
- Eating healthy
- Being calm
- Listening, instead of trying to find a solution right away. (Sometimes just listening helps the other person to figure out a solution on his/her own anyway.)
- Going to bed at the same time as Mikael, preferrably before 11 pm.
Today, a week later, I can say that I am happy. It has been a wonderful week and I feel so blessed. Mikael and I have laughed a lot together, we had more quality time together. I had prayed that I would be able to accomplish my tasks and besides forgetting to listen to a talk twice I have kept at it. I forgot to be sad and in focussing on improving myself I became happy again and gained so much more.
They say that a happy wife makes a happy husband.
But I think that after this week I can say that a happy husband makes a happy wife.
(My tasks were inspired by this wonderful talk. I love it so much.)